1. The Event is organised by Kelsey Publishing Limited, subsequently referred to in these rules and conditions as the ‘Event Organisers.’
2. The term ‘Event’ shall refer to the event specified on the Booking Form.
3. The term ‘Booking Form’ shall refer to the booking form setting out details of the Event and the Fee that the Exhibitor is required to complete in order to book Stand Space.
4. The term ‘Exhibitor’ shall refer to the company, autojumbler, club, or individual named on the Booking Form.
5. The term ‘Exhibitor’s Staff’ shall refer to all personnel employed, whether for reward or voluntarily, either permanently or temporarily by the Exhibitor.
6. The terms ‘Showground’ and ‘Event Site’ shall refer to the place where the Event takes place as specified on the Booking Form.
7. The term ‘Stand Space’ shall refer to that specific area hired by the Exhibitor for the sole purpose of displaying and/or selling his/her product(s) and/or service(s), as specified on the Booking Form.
8. The term ‘Fee’ shall refer to the amount payable by the Exhibitor to the Event Organisers as set out on the Booking Form.
9. A binding contract for the purchase of Stand Space between the Event Organisers and the Exhibitor (the “Contract”) will be made when the Booking Form and payment of the Fee have been received in full.
10. Tickets and passes will be despatched no later than one week before the Event. The Event Organisers are not liable for lost tickets.
11. By completing the online Booking Form, the Exhibitor hereby agrees to comply with these Event Rules and the ‘Conditions’.
12. The site plan provided by the Event Organisers is a guide only and does not form part of any Contract. The Event Organisers reserve the right to change the site plan at their discretion.
13. The Event Organisers reserve the right to refuse admission to any Exhibitor or Exhibitor’s Staff.
Payments and Cancellation
14. 100% of the Fee is payable on application for Stand Space.
15. No Stand Space and/or personnel passes and/or vehicle passes will be allocated and no provision for power or lighting will be made until full payment of the Fee has been received by the Event Organiser.
16. The sub-letting of all or part of any Stand Space by any Exhibitor to a third party is expressly forbidden unless authorised by the Event Organisers in writing prior to the Event.
17. No refunds will be made should the Event be cancelled due to reasons beyond the control of the Event Organisers, or to any Exhibitor cancelling within 28 days of the date of the Event or not attending on the day.
18. In the event of cancellation or rescheduling of the Event, the Event Organisers’maximum liability to Exhibitor shall be an amount equal to the Fee. The Event Organisers shall not be liable for any direct, indirect, consequential or other losses (including loss of profits, business or goodwill) suffered or incurred by Exhibitor as a result of the cancellation or rescheduling of the Event including (without limitation) accommodation costs, travel expenses, costs relating to the construction of the Stand Space, or staffing costs.
19. The Exhibitor shall be responsible for ensuring that all gazebos, marquees and other temporary structures are suitably secured on soft or hard ground.
20. If any gazebo, marquee or other temporary structure is deemed dangerous or unsafe by the Event Organisers or any appointed safety consultant then the item must be removed if the issue can’t be rectified and made safe.
21. All display material and/or exhibition equipment shall be positioned within the confines of the Stand Space.
22. No obscene material and/or display material and/or behaviour which could cause offence to visitors, other Exhibitors (and their staff) or the Event Organisers (and their staff and stewards) will be allowed.
23. The Booking Form must contain an accurate description of products and/or services to be displayed and/or sold (if relevant). Only items described on the Booking Form will be allowed (i.e. autojumble stands can only retail second hand spares). Food stuffs and/or beverages may not be sold from any Stand Space without the express written permission of the Event Organisers.
24. All Exhibitors must comply with all Health & Safety issues and legislation, and must return a completed Health and Safety Form with their completed Booking Form.
25. Exhibitors are responsible for the cleanliness of their Stand Space and all rubbish must be removed to the rubbish skips provided. The Event Organisers reserve the right to fi ne any Exhibitor who fails to do so an amount equal to the cost of cleaning the Stand Space and removing all rubbish. Adequate litter bins or refuse sacks must be provided by the Exhibitors on their Stand Space.
26. Exhibitors are responsible for the safe keeping of all products or other items on their Stand Space. The Event Organisers will not be responsible in any way for the loss or damage to Exhibitors’ property howsoever caused.
27. Noise should be kept to a level such that it does not cause a disturbance to the Event Organisers or other Exhibitors.
28. Exhibitors who extend beyond the boundaries of their Stand Space will be charged for the extra metres taken at the rate set out on the Booking Form.
29. Under no circumstances will auctioning, pitching, raffles, tombola or pick-a-ticket stands be allowed at the Event without the written permission of the Event Organisers. If permission is granted, the conditions laid out
in the 1976 Lotteries and Amusements Act must be adhered to.
30. The distribution of leaflets, posters or other promotional material outside the confines of the Stand Space is forbidden without the written permission of the Event Organisers.
31. Under no circumstances will any Exhibitor be allowed to display and/ or sell any product and/or service featuring the brands or logos of the Event Organisers unless agreed in writing by the Event Organisers.
32. No item may be exhibited or machinery operated in such a way that it may create a danger.
33. Unauthorised trading, flyering, bannering, photography for commercial gain or any other activity deemed inappropriate by the Event Organisers will not be permitted. No magazines, posters or other promotional material provided by or published by any commercial publisher shall be displayed and/or sold without the written permission of the Events Organisers.
34. The following are not allowed on the Event Site at any time: Animals; glass/bottles; bonfires; barbecues; mini motos, scooters or quads.
Insurances and Liability
35. Exhibitors (with the exception of car clubs, who are required to have insurance cover relating to any damage to club cars, third party cars, equipment or individuals) are required to hold a minimum of £5 million pounds sterling in Public Liability Insurance cover and have the necessary insurances against claims by third parties for fi re, damage and all other risks.
36. Exhibitors shall indemnify the Event Organisers, the Event Site owners and their respective affiliate companies, staff, officials, representatives, agents, sub-contractors and members against any and all loss, damage, claim, action, costs or expenses suffered or incurred by any such party for whatever reason arising out of or in connection with the Exhibitor’s attendance at the Event and/or their exhibits on the Event Site.
37. To the fullest extent permitted at law, neither the Event Organisers, the Event Site owners nor their respective affiliate companies, staff, officials, representatives, agents, sub-contractors and members, shall be liable for any loss, damage, claim, action, costs or expenses which may be suffered or incurred by Exhibitor as a result of Exhibitor’s participation in the Event, save that nothing herein shall exclude or limit the liability of any
such party for (i) death or personal injury due to its negligence; or (ii) fraud.
38. Save in respect of liability for (i) death or personal injury due to its negligence; or (ii) fraud, the Event Organiser’s aggregate liability to the Exhibitor under this Contract shall not exceed the Fee.
39. Exhibitors and all Exhibitor’s Staff must familiarise themselves with fire precautions and are required to provide fire extinguishers(s) suitable for controlling and extinguishing any fi re which may occur on or adjacent to their stand. PLEASE NOTE: Petrol generators are not permitted. No BBQ’s or open fires allowed.
40. All vehicles must be parked in the official car park(s), except those for which special passes have been provided and which may park adjacent to or behind the Stand Space.
41. All vehicles to be displayed on the Stand Space must have a special vehicle pass, and must be placed within the confines of the area reserved for the Stand Space. Vehicles displayed outside the Stand Space will have to be moved by the Exhibitor to either the confines of the Stand Space or to the official car park.
42. All vehicles to be displayed which will be used for all or part of the display on Stand Space will be required to have a display vehicle pass.
43. All drivers of display vehicles will each require a car pass.
44. Each club must have a minimum of 5 car passes to qualify for a stand at the show. Should this requirement not be met, the organisers will automatically move the orders from the aforementioned club stand to the individual display area. No refunds or discounts will be offered in this situation.
45. The car pass is for the vehicle and is non transferable.
46. Must be clearly displayed at all times.
47. Anyone without a car pass will have to park in the public car park.
48. Stand space is for pre booked clubs and exhibitors only.
Exhibitors’ & Delivery Vehicle Passes
49. All vehicles which need to be given access to the Stand Space area must clearly display the relevant car pass.
50. The stewards will have clear instructions to prevent vehicles not displaying the correct pass from entering the Stand Space area.
51. If the Event Organiser(s) is unable to perform any of its obligations by reason of circumstance, cause or event outside of its control including (without limitation of the generality of this clause) any government restrictions, adverse weather, riot, commotion, act of God, industrial breakdown, breakdown of plant, any failure of gas waste services, electricity, or any traffic control and/or management issues etc, the Event Organiser(s) shall be entitled to be relieved of its obligations hereunder to the extent to which performance of the obligations is prevented, frustrated or suspended. In such circumstances non-performance, part performance or delay in performance of the obligations of the Event Organiser(s) hereunder shall not entitle the Exhibitor to claim damages of any kind whatsoever whether direct, indirect or consequential.
52. The Contract shall be governed by these Conditions, which (together with the Booking Form) represent the entire agreement between the parties in relation to the subject matter and supersede all prior agreements and understandings between the parties. In the event of any conflict between these Conditions and those incorporated in any form of offer or other correspondence or documentation submitted by the Exhibitor, these Conditions shall take precedence.
53. The Contract shall be governed by the laws of England and Wales and each party submits to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts, save that the Event Organiser reserves the right to take action against the
Exhibitor in any other jurisdiction.